Business Intelligence Architect (Atlanta or Birmingham)
The Application/Solutions Architect is responsible for planning, analysis, design, development, configuration, implementation and documentation of business intelligence and application integration systems in relation to Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence solutions. You will partner with our business stakeholders to translate requirements into BI solutions and work with the Data Engineering team, Business SMEs and Data Scientists to deliver solutions for BI and advanced analytics use cases.
These application areas include Microsoft Business Intelligence, Azure Synapse Analytics, and Advanced Analytics Architecture for the delivery of Advanced Analytics & BI solutions to business partners. Ability to design and implement core BI framework to drive analytics across the organization in using Azure BI Stack and Data Integration (Data Factory, SQL Data warehouse and Azure Data Lake Storage).
This position will be filled in the Data Analytics & Reporting team within Technology Services. Responsibilities for this role include participating in all phases of development from requirements, definition, and design; to development, deployment, and maintenance; to performance tuning and monitoring. This position also works closely with other Data Architects within the organization to ensure that new analytics solutions align with the enterprise data management strategy. This includes increasing data quality, compliance, and governance. The successful candidate will have proven ability to analyze and troubleshoot issues that arise within BI and analytics toolsets and the enterprise infrastructure supporting these solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Data Science, Computer Science/Engineering or related degree required
- Experience with implementing BI/analytics solutions using the Microsoft BI/analytics toolset
- Experience working in a fast-paced, competitive information technology organization
- 5+ years of experience in a lead role engaging with key business stakeholders and IT teams to deliver large scale business intelligence and analytics solutions and projects in at least one of the following four areas: data modelling, business analysis, enterprise data warehousing, business intelligence, and predictive analytics.
- 3+ years of experience Power BI development, with strong knowledge of DAX and integrating with Microsoft Power Automate & Power Apps
- 3+ years of experience with ETL.
- Strong technical knowledge implementing business intelligence solutions using the Microsoft BI and/or Azure Analytics toolset:
- MS SQL Server Tools (Analysis Services, Integration Services, Reporting Services, PolyBase)
- Experience with Azure Data Warehouse Services (Azure Synapse Analytics, Databricks, Data Factory, Azure Analysis Services)
- Should be familiar and experienced in SQL
- Demonstrated proficiency in T-SQL, SQL, DAX, MDX, Python/Scala/Spark SQL
- Proven experience in change data capture, data vault 2.0, data transformation and relational/multidimensional databases
- Knowledge or experience with cloud analytics platforms
- Knowledge of data migration and integration
- Assist in creating a technical roadmap for analytical products
- General knowledge of Hadoop and other big data technologies
- Deep analytical capability to debug, monitor, and troubleshoot issues with BI solutions
- Effective communication (verbal/written) and leadership skills to foster enterprise adoption of BI solutions by power users within business units and other IT teams
- Comprehensive consulting skills with proven ability to work with and influence others
- Excellent customer service skills
- Continuous self-learner
General Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a BI subject matter expert to properly assess BI needs for business unit users and map those needs to appropriate back-end solution architectures (i.e. OLTP/transactional databases, data marts, data warehouses, cubes, tabular models, local data sources, etc.)
- Collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Collaborate with peers; mentoring team members to enhance skills and abilities; providing leadership as required
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”