Looking for a big data developer to assist with development and maintenance of our next generation emerging products. This is a contract position with full time possibility based on performance and needs.
• 5+ years of Software Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Demonstratable expertise in programming languages such as: Java, SQL, C++, Python, Unix scripts
• Preferred candidates will have strong demonstratable experience in big data manipulation and analysis who have delivered production quality ETL solutions:
• Preferred candidates are also to have working experience with Cloud (Azure or AWS) concepts/products knowledge:
• Azure HDInsight
• Azure Data Factory
• Azure Airflow
• Data Lake Analytics
• Configuration of Data Lakes
• Containerization and deployment
• Strong proficiency with data manipulation language including optimization techniques.
• Strong knowledge of multiple data storage subsystems.
• Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile Scrum, Waterfall).
• Configuration Management (GitHub, JFROG, Projects, Pipelines and deployments)
• Strong research skills.
• Strong knowledge in industry best practices in development.
• Knowledge in using and developing applicable tool sets.
• Ability to interface competently with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Ability to work well with internal and external technology resources.
• Knowledge of test-driven development.
• Ability to code from detailed specifications for the development of complex system components.
• Ability to complete complex bug fixes.
• Good oral and written communications skills.
• Interface with other technical personnel or team members to finalize requirements.
• Code from detailed specifications provided by technical lead for the development of complex system components.
• Complete complex bug fixes.
• Participate in development agile/scrum processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
• Resolve complex technical issues as necessary.
• Collaborative development with QA Engineers
• All other duties as assigned.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”