Sr. System Engineer
Long Term Contract
6 + years of experience required.
- Responsible for the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, support, management, and deployment of security systems/devices used to safeguard the organization’s information assets.
- Works with the technical team to recover data after a security breach.
- Configures and installs firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Develops automation scripts to handle and track incidents.
- Investigates intrusion incidents, conducts forensic investigations and mounts incident responses.
- Delivers technical reports and formal papers on test findings.
- Installs firewalls, data encryption, and other security measures.
- Maintains access by providing information, resources, and technical support.
- Ensures authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programming; recommending improvements.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Builds, deploys, and tracks security measurements for computer systems and networks.
- Mitigates security vulnerabilities by implementing applicable solutions and tools.
- Performs vulnerability testing, risk analyses, and security assessments.
- Collaborates with colleagues on authentication, authorization, and encryption solutions.
- Tests security solutions using industry standard analysis criteria.
- Performs risk assessments and testing of data processing systems.
- Establishes system controls by developing framework for controls and levels of access.
- Establishes computer and terminal physical security by developing standards, policies, and procedures.
- Safeguards computer files by performing regular backups; developing procedures for source code management and disaster preparedness; recommends improvements.
- Determines the sensitivity of the data in order to recommend the appropriate security needs.
- Develops proposals for, and consider cost effective equipment options to satisfy security needs.
- Communicates with the technical team, management team and users companywide if data security is breached.
- Evaluates new technologies and processes that enhance security capabilities.
- Supervises changes in software, hardware, facilities, telecommunications and user needs.
- Defines, implements, and maintains corporate security policies.
- Analyzes and advises on new security technologies and program conformance.
- Creates, tests, and implements network disaster recovery plans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.