Directorate of Training SME – Langley AFB – Hampton, VA
Datum Software, Inc. Government Solutions (GS) has an immediate opening for a Directorate of Training SME to support the U.S. Air Force (USAF) at the Ryan Center. This position is on the Operational Support Center (OSC) - Operational and Technical Services contract which supports the Air and Space Operations Center (AOC) Weapon System. The AOC is the senior Command and Control (C2) element of the Theater Air Control System (TACS) and operational level focal point for C2 of air and space forces during Air Force and combined (coalition)/joint operations. Air Combat Command (ACC) is the Lead Command, Combat Air Force (CAF) lead, and force provider of AOC equipment and personnel as an Air Force component.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage unit operational training through internal and external resources in support of Air Force training requirements
- Develop and manage unit annual training plan.
- Develop, prepare, coordinate, and instruct Mission Qualification Training (MQT) courseware, Continuation Training (CT), Training Task Lists (TTL) and Career Field Education and Training Plan (CFETP) items.
- Maintain basic weapon system and instructor qualifications, as required.
- Manage and oversee electronic or hard copy individual training records, unit ancillary training requirements, and ensure master training plans are maintained.
- Liaison with external agencies to aid in standardization of training products.
- Bachelor’s degree from and accredited institution and/or a minimum of 1 year AOC operational experience
- Completion of the Air Operations Center Initial Qualification course when provided by the Government.
- Have two (2) years of USAF operational instructor or training experience.
- Highly desired: Experience with USAF instructional systems design.
- The ideal candidate will come from the USAF 1C5 or 11/12/13XX Career Fields and will have the operational instructor time (does not necessarily have to be within the AOC field).
- It is also ideal if the candidate has experience in building training programs to include developing Training Task Lists (TTLs), Annual Training Plans (ATPs), and courseware development/management.
- CLEARANCE LEVEL: Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance prior to beginning work. It is highly preferred if a candidate already has a Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility, but we are able to process the clearance upgrade once the successful candidate has begun in the role.
- Contractor must be able and willing to commute/work on-site at Langley AFB Ryan Center (OSC/AOC).
- Work Environment: Generally an office and data center lab environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
- Attendance: Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule and Performance Work Statement (PWS) contract is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements, when required.
- Equipment and Machines: Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.), and/or other industry-specific equipment.
Datum Software Inc. (GS) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Datum Software, Inc (GS) makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time of posting.