Linux MySQL Database Administrator:
Our client has been an excellent growth story which keeps unfolding during good as well as bad economies considering the essential services they provide to eliminate risk associated with private and government entities. The latest financial results of the company depict the growth is far exceeding numbers even from pre-pandemic 2019 quarters.
Be part of the Database Services Team. Being the part of such a successful business, as a MySQL DBA Contractor, you will be working with other top notch DBAs and Architects in a technologically diverse environment in our best-in-class enterprise data centers and cloud based environments. You will be contributing towards helping in supporting existing MySQL Database Replication systems by ensuring zero down time and migrating MySQL replication systems to AZ cloud. The position expects the candidate to be part of on-call DBA rotation of once in ~6 weeks period. Be part of a team where best practices and standards are the norm and all are empowered to achieve success. Be part of a team that continually masters a high degree of collaboration and knowledge sharing and where members are able to excel in their accomplishments and realize their career goals.
Bachelor in Computer Science, Management of Information Systems(MIS) or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
3 years or more DBA working experience on Linux and Unix environments.
3 years or more of experience in database environment life cycle management and support of production and development environments.
• 3 years or more of MySQL DBA working experience on Linux and Unix environments
• 3 years or more of experience in database environment life cycle management and support of production and development environments
• Experience in handling Linux based shell and other scripting environments
• Experience in database and disk system performance tuning
• Self-motivated detail oriented and highly responsible
• Capable of handling multiple assignments and additional responsibilities
• Deep MySQL DBA knowledge and experience with MySQL 5.6, 5.7 and 8.0
• Involved MySQL technical experience in the following: High Availability solutions using replication, Disaster Recovery solutions Backup and recovery experience with Percona Tools [i.e., Xtrabackup] Performance tuning, production operations & support Security Administration
• Experience performing MySQL patches and Major version upgrades
• Experience in Linux Shell programming, SQL.
• 1 or more years using DevOPS tools. I.E., Terraform, Ansible, Chef, GitLab using one or more programming languages [I.E. - Python, Perl, etc] on bare metal and virtual environments [I.E. - AZ/AWS, OpenStack, Proxmox, Azure] will be added advantage
• Experience in supporting Postgres DBA will be added advantage.
Support the database management system and all related software. Design and Build Database Environments (Assist in developing estimates and schedules for new projects and/or extensions to existing systems). Technical Support for DBMS Environments (Provide technical support and perform database administration for all development and production databases on multiple environments). Willingness to be on call and support critical database issues that arise in the evening or on weekends.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”