Senior Java Engineer
|Location: Alpharetta, Georgia|
|ID Number: #Heads Up|
Senior Java Engineer need to work on migrating existing Java applications to the cloud and rewriting and modernizing the applications components as needed:
Skills• Experience with Java 8 and above required.
• Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Framework (web/ws/mvc/security/data/test) required.
• Experience with Containers, Docker and Kubernetes.
• Experience with SOAP/REST Webservices required.
• Experience with App servers (tomcat, JBoss) required.
• Experience with creating CI/CD pipelines using GitHub/GitLab required.
• Experience with SQL(JPA, Hibernate, complex SQL query) required.
• Experience with one of the Cloud Technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP), preferably Azure (Highly desirable)
• Experience with software architecture, system tuning, continuous integration (Highly desirable)
• Experience with Application monitoring (statsd, collectd, Graphite and Graphana) desirable.
• Experience with ELK stack ( LogStash, Kibana and Elastic) desirable.
• Project level leadership and Object Oriented design methodology experience
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills (Required)
• Strong ability to work independently and manage one’s time (Required)
• Strong leadership and mentoring skills necessary to provide support and constructive performance feedback (Required)
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, and highly responsible
• Must be a faster learner and multi-tasker
Major Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise the design, build, or maintenance of Java/J2EE web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media
• Migrate and develop applications in Cloud
• Supervise the writing, design, or editing Java/J2EE application
• Create DevOps pipelines in gitLab/github
• Containerization, running the application in Kubernetes.
• Review problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and approve the correction of the problem
• Advise and direct management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria or choose solutions
• Direct development or validation of test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces
• Maintain an understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”