Project Manager 1 – Arlington, VA
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide overall financial and control support to a large client contract, supporting the Program Manager and/or Site Manager.
- Participates in the control of costs and schedules on contracts requiring a validated cost schedule control system.
- Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
- Participates in the preparation of budgets and schedules for all contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, forecasting, and variance analysis.
- Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
- Incorporates contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
- Prepares special financial analysis and reports according to client defined frequency and schedules as well as ad hoc requests.
- Prepares monthly estimates/actual and supporting documentation to support client accrual processes.
- Supports the established Contract/Program status reporting processes by creating financial statements and variance analyses as needed.
- Ensures time tracking is accurate and timely to support monthly invoice processes.
- Coordinates invoice preparation, accuracy, review and signoff and facilitate adjustments as needed.
- Must have proficiency in the most current Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and Power Point) software versions.
- Must have strong communication skills, both oral and written. Must have experience dealing with senior level internal and/or client personnel.
- 3-5 years of project management, program management or IT management, including financial and schedule performance reporting;
- Education: Bachelor's degree in a business/financial discipline, or equivalent training.
- Excellent verbal, written, and briefing communication skills.
Work is currently being performed via teleworking, so the successful candidate must have sufficient in-home internet capability. Candidate must also be local to and/or within commutable distance to Arlington, VA for possible future transition to an on-site work location.
Datum Software Inc. (GS) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Datum Software, Inc. (GS) makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time of posting.