• Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• At least 7 years of post-degree professional experience
• At least 5+ years of Airline industry experience
• 4+ years development experience building and maintaining ETL pipelines
• 3+ years of experience working with database technologies and data development such as Python, PLSQL, etc.
• Experience in mentoring junior team members through code reviews and recommend adherence to best practices
• Deep understanding of writing test cases to ensure data quality, reliability and high level of confidence
• Track record of advancing new technologies to improve data quality and reliability
• Continuously improve quality, efficiency, and scalability of data pipelines
• Expert skills working with queries/applications, including performance tuning, utilizing indexes, and materialized views to improve query performance
• Identify necessary business rules for extracting data along with functional or technical risks related to data sources (e.g. data latency, frequency, etc.)
• Develop initial queries for profiling data, validating analysis, testing assumptions, driving data quality assessment specifications, and define a path to deployment
• Familiar with best practices for data ingestion and data design
The Opportunity The Senior Data Engineer will play a leading role on the Enterprise Data Services team, responsible for transforming data from disparate systems to provide insights and analytics for business stakeholders.
You’ll leverage cloud-based infrastructure to implement technology solutions that are scalable, resilient, and efficient.
You will collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Analysts, DBAs, cross-functional teams, and business leaders. You will architect, design, implement and operate data engineering solutions, using Agile methodology, that empower users to make informed business decisions.
Candidate You are self-motivated, work independently, and have direct experience with all aspects of the software development lifecycle, from design to deployment. You have a deep understanding of the full life data lifecycle and the role that high-quality data plays across applications, machine learning, business analytics, and reporting.
Strong candidates will exhibit solid critical thinking skills, the ability to synthesize complex problems, and a talent for transforming data to create solutions that add value to a myriad of business requirements. You have the demonstrated ability to lead and take ownership of assigned technical projects in a fast-paced environment.
Excellent written and speaking communication skills are required as we work in a collaborative cross-functional environment and interact with the full spectrum of business divisions.
You demonstrate unsatiated curiosity and outstanding interpersonal “soft” skills. Ideal candidates have more than just knowledge or skill set, as they also have a “can do” mindset to find solutions.
You have demonstrated ability to serve as a liaison with business users and walk with them through their problems to identify the best path forward.
You are also expected to provide technical counsel to other Data Engineers on the team and may be requested to review and guide their work to ensure all the work comes together successfully to meet the business need. Finally, you assist in defining alternate solutions for the business problem.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”