BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position performs moderately difficult research, design, and systems engineering assignments and also responds to system management alerts to handle system/operations exceptions, within the assigned enterprise systems of product offerings. Additionally, this position is also responsible for triage change management support.
• 3+ years of Systems Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Change management.
• Understanding of storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure.
• Program installation and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of virtual server environments and thin client.
• Knowledge of scripts for automation.
• Understanding of system and problem management tools.
• Problem solving.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of major system components in completing assigned tasks (i.e., CLOUD Azure / AWS, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure).
• Diagnose problems with application programs, common system, or systematic questioning techniques.
• Configure controls; install or troubleshoot programs within multiple system environments.
• Construct scripts for processing of workloads by system.
• Provide prompt recovery and problem escalation for the exceptions, extrapolating and integrating information within defined boundaries, using multiple system management and problem management tools.
• Partner closely with development groups, support groups, and vendors to coordinate special operations, and communicate/escalate problems as appropriate to meet assigned deadlines.
• Assist in daily support of the systems/products assigned, through early detection and pursuit or changes in system responses or operation.
• Work closely with support groups to refine system monitoring and reporting, and to assist them in their analysis and problem recovery.
• Apply problem-solving skills in multiple operating environments to support assignments involving the execution of a series of related tasks.
• Demonstrate knowledge of system components in completing assigned tasks (i.e., storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure).
• Diagnose system performance problems.
• Perform online system functions to assist with tasks encountered in execution of daily responsibilities such as utility functions and editing of files.
• Develop lists/scripts for execution of commonly used processes and automation of simple tasks.
• Proper implementation of team changes and service requests. • Proper creation, execution, documentation, and closure of tasks, changes, and requests.
•Lead troubleshooting calls diagnosing production issues. Create improvements / tools to enhance applications and systems.
All other duties as assigned.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”