Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, IT, business management, or related field is preferred but not required. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- At least 18 months-2 years in a materials, inventory, or demand planning role is required.
- At least 12 months previous buying or purchasing experience
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel (V-Lookup and pivot tables) data analytical skills, at least 18-24 months analytical experience is required—able to pull together and combine data from disparate sources to analyze and summarize to generate recommendations and actions.
- High proficiency in Excel and other database query or reporting tools is required.
- 1 year experience in leading cross-organization launch planning and execution or organizational improvement project. Formal project management in other domains also applies.
- Excellent communication skill including presentations, training, and cross-organization problem resolution.
- 5-15% domestic and international travel is required (not relevant for current year).
- Knowledge and application of Theory of Constraints and Lean is preferred.
- Knowledge and use of SAP is preferred.
Our clients Onboard Services Logistics team oversees the planning, purchasing, distribution, and delivery of all product used in the passenger cabin. The role of the Senior Planner-Demand Planning is to provide key information to the client's product and sourcing teams and manage all logistical activities from suppliers to the regional distribution centers:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran
- Perform process engineering in order to identify areas of opportunity to streamline the end-to-end process.
- Train suppliers on new processes and educate stations on ways to reduce time on the end-to-end process.
- Lead in improving the supply process with their assigned suppliers.
- Perform supply planning and have an active role in assessing supplier reliability while working with the supplier regarding their capacity and determining network routes.
- Communicate operational requirements and costs early in the development and sourcing process. The requirements include: decision of introduction method (soft, hard, or hybrid cutover), launch and replenishment forecast, needed supplier and safety capacity. Cost assessment includes projecting total life costs based on source country and cost to deliver to the end location including product price, duties, inventory levels, transport, expected write-offs, etc.
- Create and lead cross-organizational product launch and sunset plans.
- Finalize the supply network design and setup inventory locations, levels, global routing, modes of transport, re-order frequencies, and order minimums.
- Monitor and adjust inventory parameters to account for operational realities and changes in the business as needed. This will include at times re-forecasting, root cause analysis, process changes, and resolving performance issues with suppliers and other service providers.
- Train suppliers on Delta's replenishment methods and tools.
- Lead improvement projects across the supply chain to reduce lead-times, order pattern variability, and waste.
- Practice safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.