Work on an innovative team in Philadelphia to develop next generation health solutions. Our UX team works boldly and collaboratively to design a user-centric suite of clinical health tools. We now require a UX Designer to conduct user research and create interaction designs for a clinical nursing product. Join a team of UX professionals that has strong support from upper management to lead UX, will give you autonomy in your work and will support you to learn and grow in your career.
• As a UX Designer, you’ll co-lead an agile product squad with the tech lead and product manager. You will also work closely with other designers, researchers, software engineers, and other internal teams to help deliver exceptional user experiences.
• Propose user research that will help the team to understand user problems and workflow, validate UI concept designs, or measure usability.
• Conduct user research sessions by listening compassionately to our users and accurately summarizing the feedback to bring back key information to the team.
• Create interaction/visual designs to communicate possible solutions to user needs and generate new product ideas.
• Collaborate with other team members to build consensus and make the best design decisions.
• Assist in defining and maintaining the design system across the health markets product family.
• Present design concepts in a professional manner, and provide clear explanation based on data and best practice principles.
• Continuously strengthen your knowledge and skills in everything design and UX related. Share the awesome things you learn with the team.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence.
• Experience (5+ years) creating engaging designs for complex web and mobile applications.
• Online portfolio of exemplary design and UX deliverables.
• Expert knowledge of UX and interaction design best-practices and patterns.
• A passion for building easy to use, delightful user experiences.
• A love for talking to users and learning about what they do and how they work.
• Innate ability to understand complex systems and problems and the ability to see the big picture. You think strategically but can practically apply it without getting lost in the clouds.
• Exceptional listening and personal interaction skills.
• Excellent attention to detail – you should notice even the smallest inconsistencies.
• Respectful team player. Love to laugh. Relaxed and determined. Problem-solver. Puzzle-solver. Challenge-lover. Knowledge sponge. Enthusiastic. Awesome.
• Confident, yet very humble. Little ego, big open mind.
• Formal education in design or user experience.
• Experience working in an agile software development environment.
• Experience designing systems that involve complex workflows.
• Experience designing mobile native apps and mobile web apps.
• Web accessibility experience.
• Front-end development experience or some understanding of what’s technically feasible.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”