Deputy AOC SME/Program Manager – Langley AFB – Hampton, VA
Datum Software, Inc. Government Solutions (GS) is currently looking to hire a Deputy/Operational expert who will be responsible for providing subject matter expertise for AOC conceptual operational plans, training and execution of AOC processes and programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support 700 ASUS Lead Operational SME. Act as the Lead Operational SME during absence or vacancy. Work in coordination and conjunction with the Lead Operational SME.
- Act as principal advisor to 700 ASUS/CC on unit organizational and military matters when Lead is absent.
- Assist and advise 700 ASUS Program Management to ensure fiscal compliance and execution of programmed funding.
- Assist in the review of Joint USAF and Multi-Service doctrine and regulation documents.
- Assist in the development of 700 ASUS positions and responses to outside inquiries.
- Participate in working groups and conferences providing AOC/700 ASUS subject matter expertise.
- Provide expertise, training, and mentoring in AOC/700 ASUS weapons system areas to include document development and review.
- Assist in the management of 700 ASUS readiness program to include Operational Capability Statements, Mission Capability Statements, Unit Type Codes and Unit Manpower Documents.
- Assist in the liaison with ACC staff agencies and the global AOC enterprise to include (but not limited to) ACC intelligence, weather, airspace, information operations, and communications offices, as well as USAFE, PACAF, Air Mobility Command, and Space Command.
- Participate and integrate into C-NAF planning activities as a member of 700 ASUS theater support team, provides training and operational experience to ensure strategy, planning, operations, targeting and operational assessment is congruent with 700 ASUS and AOC activities.
- Remain current on AOC weapon system capabilities, developments, and initiatives by interfacing with system program offices and other agencies on staff and other AOCs.
- Provide mentorship and training as related to individual experience, background, and job knowledge, as requested.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree and/or a minimum of 1 year operational or tactical level C2 experience.
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of C2 experience in Numbered Air Force (NAF), MAJCOM, or Headquarters Air Force (HAF) level staff experience to include program and funding actions.
- Possess working knowledge of Air Force AOC/700 ASUS weapons system capabilities, developments, and initiatives
- Ideally, the successful candidate is an officer or senior enlisted person, coming from an operational background (Officers: 11XX, 12XX or 13BX // Enlisted: 1C5,…).
- This person needs an operations background (warfighter) and should have been at least an O-4 or O-5 (Maj or Lt Col) or and E-8 or E-9 (Senior Master Sergeant / Chief Master Sergeant) – our current Program Manager works mostly with/for the Commander, Director of Operations and the Chief of Communications.
- Highly desired: Operational AOC experience.
- Highly desired: experience with training and/or stan/eval and/or contract experience.
- CLEARANCE LEVEL: Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance prior to beginning work. It is highly preferred if a candidate already has a Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility, but we are able to process the clearance upgrade once the successful candidate has begun in the role.
- Contractor must be able and willing to commute/work on-site at Langley AFB Ryan Center (OSC/AOC).
Datum Software Inc. (GS) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Datum Software, Inc (GS) makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time of posting.