Jr. Crew Modernization Developer
Salt Lake City, Utah
- 2+ years experience
- Must have BS/MS degree, preferably in a technical or scientific field.
- The ideal candidate has 2+ years of full-stack experience with hands-on experience in building reliable and scalable enterprise software solutions.
- Must possess a mastery in test-driven development and effective unit test creation.
- Must have extensive experience in software development using Agile methodology.
- Must have experience in implementing responsive web design, interactive graphs & charts.
- Needs experience in integration with API/Microservices.
- Needs experience in a CI/CD and DevOps practices, as well as Gitlab, Jira, Oracle 11+, Java 8, Jenkins, and Gradle.
- Must have experience in rapid prototyping and visualization.
- Must have experience in creating self-contained, reusable modules and components.
- Must be able to meet minimum travel requirements.
- UX Designer experience is a plus.
- Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
- Builds partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Develops and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Creates new and better ways for the organization to be successful.
- Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Enacts the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Actively learns through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
- Adapts approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective.
- Pursues everything with energy, drive and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setback.
Developer will be joining a Crew Modernization team and contributing to the software design, software development, and overall product life-cycle for products that our users love. Developers field questions from other product teams and encourages cross-team collaboration. In addition, a Developer may be involved in product configuration, performance tuning and testing as well as production monitoring. As a Developer, you will be an extremely knowledgeable developer on the product team and are expected to build and grow the skill sets of other developers. There is also an expectation that the Developer will demonstrate expertise around modern software design and development.
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX designers, architects, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions.
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, test cases, to do "destructive testing" to ensure adequate resiliency in production.
- Identifies unsecured code areas and implements fixes as they are discovered with or without tooling.
- Identifies, implements, and shares technical solutions that can be used across the portfolio.
- Identifies product enhancements to create a better experience for the end users.
- Serves as a point of contact for technical issues, creating documentation, monitoring service levels.
- Researches and/or investigates technical issues impacting the organization and recommend solutions.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends through benchmarking, participation in professional associations etc. in order to advise others of strategic technology direction.
- Provides application support for software running in production.
- Proactively reviews the Performance and Capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing.
- Triages high priority issues and outages as they arise.
- Participates in and leads learning activities around agile software development and development core practices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.