Senior Software Engineer:
In this role you will be developing a cloud-based product to ensure that we gather, retain, and correctly apply the correct privacy and consent controls for our customers and their consumer’s data.
Our team works with vehicle manufacturers and insurance solutions that use high volume, sensitive data to provide solutions to OEMs, insurance organizations, and ultimately their customers. Therefore privacy and security engineering is at the forefront of this role.
• 5+ years of Java software engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
REQUIRED TECHNICAL SKILLS:
• Development and dockerization of Java Spring boot apps
• Experience with AWS using ECS, S3, Dynamo, SQS and Lambda server less applications/microservices
• Experience using Terraform/Terragrunt for AWS resource provisioning
• Experience with TDD and/or BDD
• Knowledge of privacy legislation (e.g. CCPA, GDPR)
• Rest/SOAP API definition and implementation
• Experience with build/deployment pipelines and best practices (GIT/Terraform)
• CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Git, Dynamo
• Experience working on back end systems
• Strong knowledge of process improvement.
• Strong knowledge of the software development process.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to develop cloud based applications
• Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices.
• Experience working in agile environment
• Interact with the Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to deliver products and enhancements meeting product requirements and quality standards.
• Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
• Work with Development staff, project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute AWS cloud based solutions.
• Research available tools and participate in initiatives to implement those that will cost-effectively enhance development speed and product quality.
• Develop automated tests in conjunction with code to ensure product requirements and quality standards are met.
• Maintain awareness of the state of the industry and evaluate emerging trends/developments that may benefit the organization.
• Cooperate in the enhancement of methodologies employed for the development team.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”