Explore our passion for discovery. Global companies and governmental entities rely on us to solve their most complex data challenges. Our employees collaborate to reduce risks and create opportunities for customers in more than 100 countries. We are adaptable, curious, and ambitious. That is why here, you will have the freedom to drive change, the trust to find your own path, and the space to explore more
Lead Software Engineer:
Looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer to support our continued product suite growth.
In this role you would design and architect a compelling cloud based product with high visibility in the Java programming language. To be successful, you must have a passion for technology and creating new and innovative solutions.
Our products utilize server solutions running from a cloud provider along with systems housed within our local data center.
This position plans and executes effective development and automation testing on the AWS platform to accomplish on-time and efficient delivery of high-quality software products and/or data
• 5+ years of Java software engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Development and dockerization of Java Spring boot apps
• Experience with AWS using ECS, S3, Dynamo, SQS and Lambda server less applications/microservices
• Experience using Terraform/Terragrunt for AWS resource provisioning
• Experience with TDD and/or BDD
• Github and/or code samples preferred
• Strong database knowledge including NoSQL solutions
• Rest/SOAP API definition and implementation
• Experience with build/deployment pipelines and best practices (GIT/Terraform)
• CI/CD tools: Jenkins, Maven, Docker, Git, Dynamo
• Experience working on back end systems
• Strong knowledge of process improvement.
• Strong knowledge of the software development process.
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven ability to develop cloud based applications
• Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement practices.
• Experience working in agile environment
• Interact with the Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, and Operations teams to deliver products and enhancements meeting product requirements and quality standards.
• Maintain flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet the needs of the business.
• Work with Development staff, project managers, technical leads, and subject matter experts to plan and execute AWS cloud based solutions.
• Research available tools and participate in initiatives to implement those that will cost-effectively enhance development speed and product quality.
• Develop automated tests in conjunction with code to ensure product requirements and quality standards are met.
• Maintain awareness of the state of the industry and evaluate emerging trends/developments that may benefit the organization.
• Cooperate in the enhancement of methodologies employed for the development team.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”