SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR – Langley AFB OSC – Hampton, VA
Datum Software, Inc. Government Solutions (GS) is seeking a qualified System Administrator candidate to support the U.S. Air Force (USAF) at Langley AFB – Air Operations Center/Operations Center (AOC/OC) in Hampton, VA. The contract System Administrator shall support the Chief of Communications Support Team to ensure servers, workstations, peripherals, communications devices, and software is on-line and available to the user as outlined in DAFMAN 13-1 AOC Vol 3, Operational Procedures. The Contractor will provide training and continuity throughout the unit regarding C2 Systems, including familiarity with local systems coordinated and congruent within existing configurations.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install, configure, maintain, and administer C2 systems and other servers including, but not limited to, TBMCS, MAAP-TK, GCCS-J, JADOCS, VMware, and Citrix. Tasks include, but are not limited to, auditing system logs, password changes, authoring/deploying group policies and user account maintenance.
- Install, maintain, and administer software based on commercial operating systems, including but not limited to Windows XP/7/10, Solaris, Linux, UNIX, and Windows Server 2008/2012/2013.
- Load C2 system application software and patches.
- Install, configure, and maintain rack mounted and stand workstations/servers.
- Manage local system backup.
- Manage remote system backup connections and utilities (e.g. SnapMirror).
- Coordinate with local and remote users, workgroup managers, and communications focal point personnel to resolve computer software and hardware problems.
- Coordinate changes to the C2 systems network, computers, servers, or LAN systems with communications focal point and configuration management personnel.
- Support Development Test and Evaluation (DT&E) and Operational Test and Evaluation (OT&E) of C2 systems and new technologies as directed by the Government.
- Provide system administration subject matter expertise during the design, procurement, and fielding of hardware/software systems.
- Provide mentorship and training to newly assigned C2 systems administrators, engineers, or other users as required. Create new training tasks as required.
- Collaborate with AOC Training Managers as necessary to ensure mission qualification training (MQT) requirements and instruction are accurate and are representative of current local configurations, technologies, and support responsibilities.
- Provide trouble ticket management, coordination, and resolution as a member of the AOC enterprise help desk.
- Provide Ryan Center communication infrastructure support when it does not conflict with 700 ASUS mission accomplishment.
- Travel, at the Government’s request, to support installations, conferences, testing, troubleshooting, or training. Travel may be OCONUS or CONUS.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or a minimum of three (3) years of experience in lieu of a bachelor’s degree in a USAF AOC, or joint partner equivalent, and demonstrated proficiency administering operational-level C2 and associated systems including, but not limited to, TBMCS, MAAP-TK, GCCS-J, JADOCS, VMware, and Citrix. Experience within an USAF AOC is preferred over joint experience.
- Experience supporting AOC operations within classified environments to include SIPRNet and/or JWICS.
- Demonstrated proficiency using unclassified (NIPRNet) and classified (SIPRNet) network enterprise environments, office automation software to include Microsoft operating systems and Microsoft Office suite of applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), and hardware virtualization environments.
- Demonstrated systems administration proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating system software for servers and workstations.
- Demonstrated systems administration proficiency with Sun Microsystems Solaris operating systems software for servers and workstations.
- Highly Desired: Completion of the AOC Initial Qualification Training Systems Administrator course (AOCIQTSYS), when provided by the Government.
- At contract start, contractor shall possess certification(s) in accordance with DoD Manual 8570.01-M / CompTIA- Security + Certification (or its replacement), commensurate to IAT LVL II (Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP, or Cisco CCIE certification desirable)
- Physical Requirement: Work may involve sitting for extended periods. May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. Must have sufficient mobility to enter areas of manufacturing and military sites or facilities where necessary.
- Completion of the Air Operations Center Initial Qualification Network Administrator course (AOCIQTNET), when provided by the Government.
- Other Essential Functions:
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must be able to travel when necessary to accommodate customer and program requirements.
- CLEARANCE LEVEL: Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance prior to beginning work. It is highly preferred if a candidate already has a Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility, but we are able to process the clearance upgrade once the successful candidate has begun in the role.
- Contractor must be able and willing to work on-site at Langley AFB.
- Equipment and Machines: Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, fax, etc.), and/or other industry-specific equipment.
- Attendance: Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule and Performance Work Statement (PWS) contract is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements, when required.
Datum Software Inc. (GS) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Datum Software, Inc (GS) makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time of posting.