- Must be proficient in the use of use of electronic test/repair tools (Meters, trackers, Soldering equip, Hand tools, etc)
- Electronic Repair Knowledge
- Knowledge of ServiceNow, MS Office, Outlook, etc.
- Troubleshooting skills (hardware/software) and peripheral knowledge. The ideal candidate will have the above plus A+ Certification.
- Must be able to move, on a regular basis, large equipment that weighs at least 40 pounds.
- Ability to provide on-site, and on-call 7x24x365 support, as needed.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Previous airline experience is ideal.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
Important Soft Skills:
- Communication Skills - The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
- Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
- Teamwork - Involves working well in a collaborative setting, supporting work team by volunteering for and completing assignments, acting as a positive team member by contributing to discussions, developing and maintaining both formal and informal relationships enterprise-wide, defines success in terms of the entire team through mentoring and knowledge transfer.
- Technical Expertise - Involves demonstrating a commitment to increasing knowledge and skills in current technical/functional area, keeping up to date on technical developments, staying informed as to industry practices, knowing how to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
- Dedication - Involves demonstrating a desire to dedicate time and energy to accomplish goals, tasks, assignments, etc. Will do what it takes to get things done.
- Flexibility - Is open to change, enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks, anticipates and adjusts to problems and roadblocks, is not thrown off when things change, can flex to future consequences and trends appropriately.
- Patience - Involves listening and checking before acting. Is tolerant with people and processes, tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting, sensitive to due process and proper approaches.
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions, probes all fruitful sources for answers, can see hidden problems, is excellent at honest analysis, looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
- Task Management - Delivers quality work on time, translates planning into action by following applicable established procedures or methodologies, proactively monitors and controls task status by collecting and analyzing task data to anticipate and address barriers, appropriately communicates and resolves or escalates any problems that arise.
Responsible for hardware repair, refurbishment, and configuration of hardware devices across a broad scope of desktop devices supporting the IT infrastructure in office environments, reservation centers, and airport locations. This is a bench Technician role requiring electronic repair background and knowledge of Windows Operating System.
- Responsible for hardware repair, refurbishment and configuration of desktop devices, peripherals, network devices, airline specific equipment (Kiosk, Printer, etc).
- Perform, as specified in the Service Request, the physical repair of any IT infrastructure devices (PC workstations, peripheral devices, phones, network routers, airport devices, etc.).
- Perform upgrade services (adding to or changing a workgroup computer, workgroup peripheral, or software) as specified in the Service Request.
- Verify the asset in accordance with Delta policy.
- Update asset management systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all hardware and software problems supported by Field Operations.
- Communicate with the Field Planning and Project Management organization. Duties may include research, providing input into work orders, and occasional assistance with site surveys.
- Perform preventative maintenance on operational devices.
- Coordinate external vendor services.
- Install, customize, maintain, test, and troubleshoot operating systems and other systems software
- Provide technical support, as needed, to the enterprise.
- Configure, install, maintain, test, and troubleshoot hardware systems
- Perform root cause analysis to quickly recover from service interruptions, and to prevent recurring problems.
- Implement changes to platforms with minimal impact to the business by following enterprise standards and procedures.
- Coordinate activities with internal/external technology owners/service providers
- May require over night travel
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran