Datum Software Inc. Government Solutions (GS) team is currently looking to hire an experienced GIS Specialist. The GIS specialist will support maintenance and minor updates of Mission Data Layers (MDL) and the overall Mission Data Set (MDS).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide system administration support to Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) ArcGIS Desktop 10x suite of software and extensions
- Ensure the Department of Defense (DoD) Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) family of spatial standards are met
- Create and customize file geodatabases using ArcGIS and transference of the data to a Spatial Data Engine (ArcSDE) Oracle schema
- Convert geospatial data to comply with the SDSFIE template
- Integrate AutoCAD drawings into ArcGIS format
- Develop and maintain metadata in compliance with the Federal Geographic Data Committee Metadata Standards
- Provide maintenance support and minor updates of Mission Data Layers (MDL) and the overall Mission Data Set (MDS) in accordance with:
- Air Force Instruction (AFI) 32-10112
- Installation Geospatial Information and Services
- Eglin Air Force Base Instruction (EAFBI) 32-1004
- Geographic Information Systems
- Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure and Environment (SDSFIE).
- Perform periodic updates of the EESD for all GIS feature classes based on the most recent DoD Installation Spatial Data Infrastructure (DISDI)’s SDSFIE
- Geographic Information System Professional Certification
- Experience with Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI) ArcGIS Desktop 10x suite of software and extensions
- Experience with the Department of Defense (DoD) Spatial Data Standards for Facilities, Infrastructure, and Environment (SDSFIE) family of spatial standards
- Experience of the Air Force GeoBase and SDSFIE structure
- Experience in the creation of and customization of file geodatabases using ArcGIS and transference of the data to a Spatial Data Engine (ArcSDE) Oracle schema
- Experience in converting geospatial data to comply with the SDSFIE template
- Experience in integration of AutoCAD drawings into ArcGIS format.
- Experience with Land Surveying Techniques using Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Experience in developing and maintaining metadata in compliance with the Federal Geographic Data Committee Metadata Standards
- Familiar with Air Force Civil Engineer Planning programs such as AICUZ, Space Utilization, and Installation Development Plans
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Datum Program Manager.
- CLEARANCE LEVEL: Active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance) or eligibility to obtain
- At contract start, contractor shall possess certification(s) in accordance with DoD Manual 8570.01-M / CompTIA- Security + Certification (or its replacement), commensurate to IAT LVL II (Cisco CCNA, Cisco CCNP, or Cisco CCIE certification desirable)
- Contractor must be able and willing to work on-site at Eglin AFB in Fort Walton Beach, FL. Relocation assistance may be discussed with the Leadership Team for the right candidate when offer is made.
Datum Software Inc. (GS) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Datum Software, Inc (GS) makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time of posting.