Sr. Systems Engineer #32927
- Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science, Management Information Systems, related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of Java/J2EE development experience, hands-on troubleshooting, and deployment experience.
- Solid knowledge of eXtreme Scale and/or DataGrid.
- In depth knowledge and experience with Java, J2EE, WebSphere Application Server, JBOSS EAP, Tomcat, Apache,Node.js, Ansible.
- Knowledge of Microsoft .net hosting and IIS is a plus.
- Experience in supporting application teams and Troubleshooting in a DEV, Stage, UAT, and Production environment.
- Must be able to provide on-site, and on-call 7x24x365 support, as needed.
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts.
- Ability to lead and mentor associate developers.
- In depth knowledge and support of middleware products on AWS for both ec2 and containerized instances.
- Experience with AWS or AEM is preferred.
- OpenShift Administration Experience preferably as it pertains to Middleware - ie Creating/Updating Middleware Images.
- Must have the ability to listen to customers and colleagues; convey ideas effectively; prepare written documentation.
- Proactive in nature with customer satisfaction as a primary goal Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.
- AWS certification required.
- Your primary functions are to help design, develop, document, test, and support new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal and external use (analysis, design, code).
- Leads and influences technical direction for large-scale, highly complex technical initiatives and/or projects requiring integration of cross-functional systems.
- Provides technical guidance in evaluating middleware systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Application integration into JEE instances, JVM tuning to optimizes application resource usage, JEE component packaging, and infrastructure design using industry best practices.
- Provide consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and systems programming.
- Engineer ensures platform performance and availability meet enterprise objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning.
- Installing/building/configuring WebSphere & JBOSS on ec2 instances in AWS Skill: extreme Scale, WAS/JBOSS, in depth scripting knowledge, as well as knowledge in monitoring tools such as Dynatrace.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”