Project Manager – Application #32540
The IT Project Manager owns and drives IT programs, including defining the objectives, roadmap of outcomes and the delivering programs.
- Project Manager 10 + years of experience required.
- At least 12 years of experience managing IT projects, including end-to-end experience for medium-to-large projects and programs.
- Success in managing multiple, large IT projects simultaneously.
- Broad understanding of IT infrastructure and technology.
- Deep understanding of and the ability to manage Project and Software Development Life Cycles using Agile methodologies.
- Clear, effective verbal and written communication skills including the ability to actively listen, problem solve, and communicate effectively with both technical and business users.
- Technical Degree or related work experience.
- PMP Certification.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and the agile development lifecycle; ability to utilize formal agile methodologies, disciplines, practices, and techniques for the delivery of new and enhanced transformation programs.
- Knowledge of effective agile project management strategies and tactics; ability to plan, organize, monitor, and control projects, ensuring efficient utilization of technical and administrative resources to achieve transformation program objectives.
- Scrum Knowledge of the principles, components, and features of scrum methodology; ability to apply this methodology to manage transformation programs.
The Project Manager defines job requirements for project planning, scheduling, monitoring, reporting, and implementing project and/or interrelated programs activities.
The job progression identifies responsibilities ranging from providing support for small to medium projects to development of strategic or tactical operational plans.
The projects in scope for ‘application’ role family are any development, support, and maintenance of existing applications or new development work.
- Leads project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting activities for small to medium projects.
- Facilitates needs assessment and the development of recommended project control solutions to be used for planning, scheduling, and tracking projects through integration of various PM tools.
- Determines, monitors, and reviews all project economics to include costs, operational budgets, staffing requirements, resources, and risks.
- Plans, schedules, monitors, and reports on activities related to the project.
- Controls project requirements, scope, and change management issues.
- Establishes appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria.
- Manages changes in operational plan.
- Develops project control and reporting procedures and manages changes in operational plan.
- Undertakes status review meetings among project team members and clients.
- Determines client requirements and translates requirements into operational plans.
- Identifies and assembles the appropriate blend of resources to meet project needs and requirements; manages sub-contractors.
- Creates communication plans, ensuring that appropriate information is exchanged key stakeholders.
- Plans the delivery of IT programs and its activities in accordance with the mission, goals and agreed-upon roadmap outcomes of the organization
- Communicates job expectations by planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions
- Assessing program performance to maximize ROI, value, realizing sprint outcomes, resource capacity and evaluating project managers/scrum masters and other staff
- Ensures that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Supervises program staff by providing direction, input, and feedback
- Coordinates the delivery of services among different program activities to increase efficiency.
- Monitors and approves all budgeted program expenditures.
- Develops a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the programs and to identify areas for improvement.
- Implements production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards by resolving problems, completing audits, identifying trends, determining system improvements, and implementing change.
- Meets financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Organizes milestone reviews and makes improvements for the effectiveness and efficiency of scrum process.
- Coaches the scrum principles, methodology and processes for a scrum team.
- Prepares user stories for a software product, prioritizes product backlogs and plans sprint goals according to stakeholders’ requirements.
- Communicates and negotiates with stakeholders about priorities, scope, schedule; educates them in the development process.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.”