Systems Engineer #20242
|Location: Atlanta, Georgia|
|ID Number: #20242|
Atlanta GA 30354
12+ month project
- 1 - 2 years of web technology experience.
- Some Unix system administration experience with a combination of Solaris, RedHat Linux and AIX OS.
- Ansible/YAML scripting experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of JEE application container administration (Specifically WAS/Liberty, Tomcat, and JBoss).
- Knowledge of Microsoft .net hosting.
- Must be performing satisfactorily in current position.
- Candidate must have excellent verbal and written skills.
- Must possess the technical expertise to apply relevant technical processes to appropriate business needs.
- Must be able to provide on-site, and on-call 7x24x365 support, as needed.
Responsibilities include application integration into JEE instances, JVM tuning to optimizes application resource usage, JEE component packaging, and infrastructure design using industry best practices. In addition, the candidate must research/track current technology trends and implement future technology for JEE applications and assist with developing both strategic and tactical plans for application hosting solutions.
This position provides consultation and direct technical support in life cycle planning, problem management, integration, and systems programming. Implement releases, upgrades, and/or changes into the environment.
The System Engineer ensures platform performance and availability meet enterprise objectives through monitoring, timely service restoration, and tuning. Duties may also include capacity planning, workload modeling, system maintenance/administration, system backup and diagnostics. Practices safety conscious behaviors in all processes and procedures.