Cyber Vulnerability and Threat Engineer
6+ month contract position
Are you seeking to work on a team of professionals protecting one of the world’s largest global air lines? As a Cyber Vulnerability and Threat Engineer you’ll be collaborating with multiple teams to advise on processes to identify and assess vulnerabilities and threats. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to an expanding team and assist in guiding best practices.
As a Cyber Vulnerability and Threat Engineer, you will work with both IT and Business partners to provide guidance on vulnerability management. You will be responsible for maintaining and administering vulnerability management tools. The Cyber team seeks a self-motivated, flexible individual who is always looking for a way to improve existing processes.
Your Responsibilities in this Role:
- Perform research and analysis of scheduled and on demand vulnerability assessments and post results.
- Research exploit techniques and mitigation strategies.
- Review public and private vulnerability notifications/disclosures, consume research findings and prioritize remediation efforts.
- Create visibility and awareness for upper management on vulnerabilities that require attention.
- Develop vulnerability reports and scorecards that define the current state of the corporate network security risk posture.
- Integrate vulnerability tool with other systems, such as CMDB, SIEM, and Archer.
- Assist with implementing policy compliance manager tools to monitor compliance against CIS benchmarks.
- Implement Web Application Scanning solution.
What are We Looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Information Technology or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of cyber security experience specifically working in Vulnerability Management.
- Knowledge of vulnerability management, policy manager, and web application scanning solutions.
- Basic understanding of regulatory structures such as PCI, PII, and GDPR.
- Creative and adaptive work ethic, with a strong customer-oriented attitude.