This position will work within the Health Care Transaction Product Management team, supporting multiple assigned projects aimed at delivering IT solutions and services that meet company cost, quality, and strategic targets. The role will predominately focus on gathering, analyzing, and documenting business requirements and functional specifications, collaborating with Product Management, Engineering and Quality Assurance to create and test new products and features, creating and maintaining internal and external documentation including online help and product feature descriptions, supporting customers and triaging support requests, defining current processes and requirements, following best practices, and identifying and documenting process improvements.
• Analyzes and documents requirements, functional specifications, and business processes.
• Assists in development of systems specifications, process flows, and conversion strategies.
• Assists in creation and maintenance of technical and functional user documentation.
• Contributes to the development of new tools, processes, and solutions to meet desired product needs.
• Follows established business processes, protocols, and quality standards in the development and deployment of solutions.
• Maintains stakeholder expectations and raises appropriate issues to project managers as necessary.
• Assists in gathering business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications.
• Identifies and documents process improvements based on research of best practices and analysis of work group data.
• Assists in triaging customer support requests, performing root cause analysis, and identifying resolution strategies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• BS/BA degree in relevant discipline or equivalent experience required; ISEB-qualified Business Analyst preferred
• Requires 1+ years of IT business analyst experience preferably with 1+ years in Health Care
• Previous experience of working in an agile environment and using recognized development methodology preferred; e.g., Agile, SCRUM, and KANBAN
• Broad understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC), software development methodologies, platforms, and tools.
• Proficient in gathering Business requirements and translating them into user stories/functional specifications
• Proficient in documenting As-Is and To-Be processes.
• Strong oral and written communication skills that allow for effective communication across all levels of the organization.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
• Moderate facilitation skills.
• Knowledge and prior use of UML modeling language