6 + years of experience required
The client is looking for a Senior API Developer for the API CoE focused on leading the company to an API first architecture. You will have a critical role as the company continues to expand its existing products as well as roll out new software. You will need to be comfortable in a fast paced agile environment. Must have the ability to take on projects and areas of responsibility and own them with minimal supervision.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Using and implementing Apigee Edge for the full API lifecycle management
- Implementing API policies and transformation using Apigee Edge
- Design and development of RESTful API
- Generate swagger and other API documentation
- Develop automated acceptance and unit test for the agile team
- Work with tools to automate dev, build, deployment and testing
- Writing Junit/integration test cases to validate the code quality and code coverage
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED? –
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing and developing high volume web services using API Protocols and Data Formats (REST, JSON, SOAP & XML).
- 3+ Experience in API management tools like Apigee Edge in designing API facades, designing and implementing API Proxies, and Developer portal
- Strong skills in developing and supporting RESTful services in a Java environment
- Expert level knowledge of REST API/service patterns - Experience with agile development and TDD/CI/CD practices
- –Experience in securing APIs using Oauth, SAML, Open ID Connect and etc.
- Strong knowledge in API Modelling languages and annotation (YAML, Swagger, RAML)
- Experience with automated testing tools like Selenium, Cucumber, and JUnit
- Must be able to effectively and professionally communicate with management, staff and customers as well as demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills
- Ability to work independently to achieve exceptional results
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, customer service skills, customer focus - Works well within tight deadlines (able to prioritize)
- Ideally you will have a background in the Airline or e-commerce industry
- Must be able to prioritize work on multiple project teams, with the overall goal of satisfying all deployment needs and effectively supporting diverse clients. The client develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.