Senior API Architect - 24325
|Location: Atlanta, Georgia|
|ID Number: #24325|
In this role you will provide technical direction and thought leadership for the full API lifecycle including standards, development, support, governance, and the API management platform.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Define and implement technical architectures in support of products and services
- Develop and enforce standards and best practices for the API management platform
- Analyze enterprise business context (rends and business strategy) across the business units to derive technical architecture
- Engage with business and technical stakeholders to understand enterprise and technology requirements to support business strategies and objectives
- Engage with selected technology vendors to gain insight into new technologies, services and solutions.
- Provide API platform management specific expertise in support of Enterprise Architects, Application and infrastructure teams in both the development of enterprise standards and in the creation of new systems and/or enhancements of existing systems
- Assess current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement.
- Assess technology industry and market trends, and determine their potential impact on the enterprise.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR? / WHAT EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Minimum 5 years of experience as an application architect designing APIs for high performance, high throughput and scalable applications
- Minimum 5 years of development experience in a web service architecture
- Expert level knowledge of REST API/service patterns and best practices
- Strong communication and presentation skills to educate and guide stakeholders with all levels of technical knowledge.
- Recent experience designing and implementing a high-availability API management or web-based platform - Experience with both private and public cloud installations of an API management platform
- Experience with agile development methodology and TDD/CI/CD practices
- Broad knowledge of different IT domains such as network, security, architecture and processes.
- Must be able to prioritize work on multiple project teams, with the overall goal of effectively supporting diverse clients.
WHAT ELSE? • Ideally you will have a background in the Airline or e-commerce industry
• Must be able to prioritize work on multiple project teams, with the overall goal of effectively supporting diverse clients.