- 3+ years of experience working with Riverbed SteelCentral.
- Emphasis on network and application performance and analysis.
- Experience configuring, implementing, maintaining, supporting and using Riverbed SteelCentral in large environments
- Experience preferred but knowledge required of network architecture, configuration, protocols including netflow.
- Experience in integrating Riverbed SteelCentral with other monitoring tools
- Experience with network devices such as Switches, Routers, WANs, Gigamon.
- Experience performing packet captures and analysis.
- Ability to create reports, dashboards and alerts using Riverbed SteelCentral
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
- The Network / Application Performance Monitoring group is responsible for monitoring and automations on all network and application environments.
- Provide network/application performance monitoring and instrumentation using Riverbed SteelCentral.
- Ensures the successful installation, integration, and deployment of network monitoring tools and solutions.
- Investigate alerting/notification process for outages, make recommendations on improvement.
- Perform analysis on event trends and recommend reductions and improvements.
- Meet with application and system teams to gather requirements, develop, and improve instrumentation.
- Troubleshoot internal alerts and notifications from monitoring infrastructure.
- Tools supported are Riverbed SteelCentral (Transaction Analyzer, Packet Trace Warehouse, AppResponse, and Portal)
- Leverage the tool to triage production network and application issues, on call rotation 24x7x365 to support any network or application issue.