Developer Job Summary
Design, develop (code), test, and debug applications. Provide experienced Ready-to-Serve and development subject mater expertise. Maintain, enhance and provide solutions for software applications. Provide development leadership in a functional area, module, or project.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Works with stakeholders to perform application functionality gap analysis and feasibility studies.
- Leads development activities for a functional area, module, or project. Provides and documents technical design and specifications meeting business and functional requirements.
- Develops (code), implements and maintains tools/applications. Ensures applications and systems possess sufficient controls.
- Performs unit testing prior to moving code/configuration to the QA process. Evaluates and researches upgrades, patches and new functionality. Researches defects and solve for root cause in applications.
- Assists in the development and definition of test plans and scripts for performance, regression and user acceptance test plans; support QA activities as required.
- Builds and maintains templates, rules, style sheets, workflows, data extractions and imports, interfaces, and object models.
- Analyzes applications for compliance with security protocols.
- Trains team members on areas of expertise. Participate in and lead peer reviews.
Nature and Scope
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations. Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems. Makes decisions under conditions of uncertainty, sometimes with incomplete information, that produce effective end results.
- Independently performs assignments with instruction limited to results expected. Determines and develops approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc. Contributes to employees professional development but does not have hiring or firing authority.
Required Skills and Experience
- Microsoft SQL
- ASP.net (internal Web portals)
- VB.Net / C#
- Generally 5-8 years of experience.
- Great Plains