Senior Lead Developer
Duluth, Atlanta, GA
Develop, modify, or update service platform used by business units or infrastructure units. Lead, or play lead technical role in development teams' efforts to determine unit needs and business processes that are automated by the application. Participate in or review all of the steps in the software development life cycle to create and modify the software.
Key Job Functions
- Participate with team of technical staff and project managers or agile practitioners to determine systems requirements and functionalities needed in large/complex development project.
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements.
- Review coding done to advance application upgrade, extension, or other development. Analyze application for data integrity issues.
- Develop test protocols or plan for testing revised application and review test results.
- Serve as project lead or lead technical staff in course of application development project
- May use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
Specialized Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with strategizing and implementing complex architectures for large data systems (using RDBs like PostgreSQL, NoSQL databases like MongoDB, AWS S3) and transaction volumes using distributed data design patterns to ensure scaling, low latency and high availability and consistency.
- Experience with distributed caching and/or In-Memory-Data-Grid platforms including Java-based application environment. (e.g. AWS Elasticache (Redis/MemcacheD), GridGain, GemFire, MongoDB, Coherence, or similar technologies)
- Knowledge and experience with cloud architecture and solutions using AWS web services and Amazon market place products are a plus.
- Experience using one or more testing frameworks, integration and automation tools like JUnit, Mockito, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, Git.
- Experience in writing OQL or SQL Statements for database queries/transactions using RDBMS database like Oracle DB, MySQL, MS SQL, etc.
- Experience in scripting like Python, Shell and Groovy on UNIX/Linux/Java environment.
- Must have ability to rapidly prototype new ideas and present findings.
- Strong communication skills and ability to define and present complex design ideas to various stakeholders including development team and operations team.
- Working Knowledge on DevOps will be plus