CAPACITY PLANNING ENGINEER
Long term contract
Our client is seeking an experienced server capacity planner to join the capacity planning team to help us plan and manage the server capacity for one of the largest clients in the world. The Server Capacity Planner role is a client/server environment and will focus on the resource consumption of servers running the UNIX, Linux and Windows Server operating systems.
Develop proactive server capacity plans to understand the current and future utilization of computing resources; identify over and underutilized servers; understand growth and user data for input into capacity modeling and what/if scenario analysis; plan the capacity for disaster recovery scenarios, assist Platform Engineering teams with troubleshooting server performance issues, and produce technical and management capacity reports.
- Minimum 3 years capacity management work in a client/server environment
- Strong relationship building skills with face-to-face customer interaction
- The desire to contribute to the collective effort of the team
- Committed to helping the team achieve goals
- Experience working across multiple teams
- Ability to model, forecast, make recommendation and clearly report capacity analysis results
- Strong knowledge of CPU, Memory and disk I/O server metrics as they relate to server performance
- In-depth technical knowledge with operating systems and virtualization technologies
- Ability to use BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization tool or a similar capacity planning tool
- Distributed database concepts as they relate to server performance
- ServiceNow Experience to connect CMDB to TSCO entries
- Performed Capacity Analysis and Performance Analysis on Midrange UNIX and Windows Servers.
- Managed installation of data collection agent requests, configured data collection and verified data availability.
- Participated in Performance Tests, configured test data collection, monitored servers in test environment during tests, analyzed results and produced reports.
- Responded to incident calls to assist with triage and troubleshooting.
- Worked on assigned tickets for capacity related requests such as what-if scenarios and capacity assessments.
- Adapted and assimilated to enterprise tools and processes.